Wednesday, July 25, 2007

1 Thessalonians 2:17 -18

1 Passage: 1 Thessalonians 2:17 -18

1 Verse: Verse 18. For we wanted to come to you--I, Paul, more than once--and yet Satan hindered us.

1 Prayer: Father, You alone know better than anyone the things I most deeply want. All my greatest desires are laid open before You. But desire alone is not enough to achieve all those things that I long for the most. You know even better than I do how Satan prevents me from gaining what I want. I know the evil one will not hinder forever. Ultimately, his defeat will become complete. But until then, I am blocked, opposed, resisted, diverted, misled. Deliver me from the evil one. Protect me from his powers. Remove any hindering influence over the events of my life, and yet teach me to stand firm against those that may still remain.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: Ephesians 6:10-13

No comments: