Tuesday, January 30, 2007

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

1 Passage: 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

1 Verse: Verse 4. who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

1 Prayer: I have to confess, Father, that it is hard to be thankful in all our affliction. Sometimes it is only cold comfort that these afflictions serve the purpose of someday helping others. Obviously, Father, we want to be able to share Your love with others. But did we really know the price we would have to pay in the currency of afflictions to accomplish that holy vision? I didn't expect to have to count this cost. I'm afraid I may not even be able to count that high. Still, I know it is only a fraction of the afflictions of Christ. And You are faithful, Lord. You are the God of all comfort. You are the Comforter. Please help me today to receive from You soothing peace beyond understanding, serene calm, contentment, solace and relief. Help me be a source of such gifts to others today, too, please. Just as I have been comforted, may I also comfort others.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: Hebrews 10:19-25

No comments: