Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Zechariah 1:2-6

1 Passage: Zechariah 1:2-6

1 Verse: Verse 3. "Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Return to Me," declares the LORD of hosts, "that I may return to you," says the LORD of hosts.

1 Prayer: The idea of returning to You, Father, can sometimes be rather frightening. Here we read of Your anger overtaking evildoers and we wonder if the same may be our fate. Yet, even they repented when Your word caught up with them. Will I? Thank You for making the constant and repeated invitation to return. I need not fear coming back to You -- guilty as I am -- because You will do all that You have purposed to do, and I know Your purposes are all for good. Help me, then, today to be quick to return to You and to be mindful of the many ways in which You are turning also to me.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: Psalm 89:5-8

No comments: