Monday, September 10, 2007

Psalm 18:1-3

1 Passage: Psalm 18:1-3

1 Verse: Verse 1. "I love You, O LORD, my strength."

1 Prayer: You are my strength, Lord. You are familiar with all my weaknesses. But I need to acquaint myself better with Your strength. How do I avail myself of Your abundant power, Your limitless might? There is no maximal limit to Your strength, but are there moral limits? We speak of military strenth, economic power, political strength, mental toughness, force of will, strength of character, influence, command, control, stability . . . All these different strengths, and which are Yours, Lord? Obviously, You can at any moment take charge of any one. But which is for me? What sort of strength ought I to be claiming when I claim that You are my strength? Weakness? For Your power is perfected in weakness. Meeknesss? Humility? Gentleness? Poverty? "Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" I love You, Lord, my strength. May I still ask to become rich in faith, if I resist becoming poor in this world? What sort of strength do I love more? I love You, O Lord, my strength.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: Psalm 19:7-14

No comments: