Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8

1 Passage: Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8

1 Verse: Verse 8. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah.

1 Prayer: Thank You, Father, for being the source of safety and security and stability for our shaken souls. My heart quivers and quakes under the burden of its own misguided thoughts, misdirected intentions, mistaken desires. Please help me to pour it all out before You. Help me not to fear the strange and scary mixture of evil and good, joy and sorrow, purity and filth, weakness and strength to be found within me. As close to me as my very own heart -- at the absolute center of me -- are both my secret and hidden and presumptuous sins, and also my even greater salvation. My salvation -- in and with and from and through You -- is nearer to me now than when I first believed. Thank You, Father. Let me not let the poison fester, but aid me in pouring it out, allow me to bleed off both the sins that harm us in the commission, and the good that harms us in the omission. Let my heart be open and bare before You and me and those with whom You have called me to live in open and honest relationship.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: Psalm 95:1-6

No comments: