Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Psalm 19:7-14

1 Passage: Psalm 19:7-14

1 Verse: Verse 12. Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults.

1 Prayer: Nothing is hidden from You, Father. But how often do I hide the uglier parts of myself from my own recognition? I think I can discern innumerable errors, but the ones I can't are likely even far worse than those I can. And that doesn't even begin to count all those presumptuous sins -- the ones I know about full well yet persist in nonetheless. Let them not rule over me. And if it is possible for me to rule over them instead, please kindly make it so. Help me to live in a manner that is acceptable in Your sight and not merely my own. For You see that in me which is hidden not only from the world but even from myself. Please be gracious and patient and merciful to me as I see myself better. Help me not be overwhelmed by what I see. Rather be my strength as I face down those unacceptable thoughts and words and actions and beliefs and wrestle each one to the cross.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8

No comments: