Saturday, January 13, 2007

1 John 3:13-18

1 Passage: 1 John 3:13-18

1 Verse: Verse 17. But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?

1 Prayer: Thank You, Father, for helping me put on a heart of compassion yesterday. I trusted You to do it, and You did, and now not only am I thankful, but those with whom I was able to share Your compassion are thankful, too. And this morning, it is all about the heart once again. This time, You tell me not to close my heart against my brothers and sisters in need. Father, help me to have an open heart toward others. Help me to be for them and not against them. Help me to show Your heart through my sincere effort and energy on behalf of others today, and not just in the words of this prayer.

1 Person:
Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: Romans 12:9-13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Passage: 1 John 3:13-18

1 Verse: Verse 18, "Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth."

1 Prayer: Father, thank you for Your love and giving me Your love to share with others. Show me more ways to demonstrate that love through the things I do not just through the things I say. I want my family, my church family and my brothers and sisters in Christ to see my love for them not just hear me say it. Thank you Father.

Anonymous said...

1 Passage: 1 John 3:13


1 Verse: Verse 13. "Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you".

1 Prayer: Father, You are so gracious, continuing to give Your children encouragement while we temporarily reside here. Thank you for the Scriptures, that we can look back to and see that You knew we'd face hatred because we love you. It shouldn't be a surprise, but it sometimes catches me off-guard. Help me love those who hate me for loving You. Family or stranger. Show me how to be more like You to them, and may their hatred one day become love for You.

Becky