Friday, January 12, 2007

Colossians 3:12-17

1 Passage: Colossians 3:12-17

1 Verse: Verse 12. So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;

1 Prayer: Thank You, Father, for welcoming me to live as one whom You chose -- as if I were holy and beloved. Thank You for loving me enough to replace my unholiness with the holiness of Jesus, Your Son. And now, You ask me to put on a heart to match. I'm not always sure how to do that. I know how to put on a mask, put on a show, put on a put-on . . . but those are all external, surface, cosmetic applications. Putting on a heart is another thing entirely. Putting on a heart is internal, and spiritual. And I already have one, and the one I have isn't always very cooperative. It can be cold and stubborn and hard as a rock. So please, Father, help me today to wear a new one. Help me to be kind and compassionate from the heart -- not as an outward show, but as a deep abiding reality. I know You can do it, and I trust You to. Thank You, Father.


1 Person:
Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's Passage: 1 John 3:13-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 Passage: Colossians 3:12-17

1 Verse: Verse 15, Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.

1 Prayer: Father, please for give me for not letting the peace of Christ RULE in my heart lately. I have let too many things rob me of that peace and as a result I have not been very thankful either. Father, I am going to accept what comes my way as being ordained by you and give thanks for it. You have called me to let the peace of Christ RULE in my heart and with the help of Your Spirit in me this Father I will do for Your glory. Thank you Father for giving internal peace that comes with having a personal relationship with You through Jesus Christ.