Thursday, January 25, 2007

Psalm 1:1-6

1 Passage: Psalm 1:1-6

1 Verse: Verse 6. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

1 Prayer: Thank You, Father, for knowing me. It all comes down to that. After everything is said and done, the thing in which my blessing lies is Your knowledge of me. Your knowledge is infinitely perfect and complete, but it is also intimately caring and infinitely compassionate. If I were only to meditate on Your Word -- humbly implanted within my soul -- I would realize how blessed and prosperous and well-watered and firmly planted and fruitful and leafy green I am. Help me today to not forget that You are intimately acquainted with all my ways, that You walk with me in them, that You are near to the brokenhearted and to all who call on You.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: Proverbs 3:1-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

help me to delight in your word and that keeping your commands won't be burdomsome