Wednesday, January 17, 2007

1 Peter 5:1-7

1 Passage: 1 Peter 5:1-7

1 Verse: Verse 7. casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

1 Prayer: Father, You know my anxious thoughts and You know how burdensome they are to me. Thank You for inviting me to cast them all on You. Forgive me for forgetting that You care for me so much that You want to carry the weight of my worries for me. Forgive me for not humbling myself enough to cast them freely on You. I think I should be strong enough to bear them all myself, but I am not. Thank You for being more than able to overcome them all and to give me peace.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: Galatians 5:13-15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 Passage: 1 Peter 1:5-7

1 Verse: Verse 6. "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time"...

1 Prayer: Dear Father, I bow to Your holiness. You are truly the only all-knowing One, the great I AM. I choose Your timing over mine. May You receive the glory for Your works though Your people. Thank you for the way You speak to my heart through Your word, through Your Spirit, through song ...

"...it's all about You
All about You Jesus.
I'm sorry Lord
For the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
All about You Jesus".
(Matt Redman, Thank You Music)

Becky