Monday, January 15, 2007

Romans 15:4-7

1 Passage: Romans 15:4-7

1 Verse: Verse 7. Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.

1 Prayer: Thank You, Father, for accepting me in Christ. I feel so unacceptable sometimes, yet You welcome me anyway. And somehow, by accepting me as I am, You are glorified. Your mercy and grace and kindness and compassion and love are revealed to all the world. Help me to glorify You today by accepting others as they are. Remind me of how You sacrificed of yourself to compensate for my shortcomings and help me to give the same sacrificial grace to others.

1 Person:
Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: 1 Corinthians 12:14-25

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Passage: Romans 15:4-7

1 Verse: Verse 4, "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

1 Prayer: Father, thank you for Your Word and giving me Your indwelling Spirit to understand Your Word. Thank you for its instruction in how to walk and function in life in a way that pleases You and benefits me. Thank you for the encouragement and hope that Your Word gives knowing You do what You say keeping Your promises and always working according to Your Word. Thank you Father.

Anonymous said...

1 Passage: Romans 15:4-7

1 Verse: Verse 4. "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope".

1 Prayer: Praise to You Father! You never cease to amaze me with how You just KNOW everything and have PERFECT timing. This verse absolutely sang to me today. When the enemy tried to plant thoughts of compromise or tries to steer my mind away from the relevence of all Scruipture, You steered me toward this verse. Thank You for Your faithful facts -- they are so available to all who are willing to seek them. Please forgive me - too often I am 'too busy' or too blind to see what You have clearly made known. Remind me to forgive my kids in the same way I'm asking of You right now. Thank You, Father :o)

Becky Eckheart

Anonymous said...

Verse 7. Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.

Thank you dear Lord for creating each of your people so uniquely. Thank you for the beauty you made found in different cultures and peoples of the world you created. Thank you for accepting me, and giving me the privelege to accept you into my life. May others see your acceptance in my life; through my actions towards them... and in turn come to know you.
Melanie

Daniel Lopez said...

1 Passage: Romans 15:4-7
1 Verse: Verse 7 - Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God
1 Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for your unconditional acceptance. Help us not to use a wordly standard in which we accept each other, but your standard.