Thursday, January 18, 2007

Galatians 5:13-15

1 Passage: Galatians 5:13-15

1 Verse: Verse 13. For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

1 Prayer: Thank You, Father, for calling me to freedom. You know how much I want and need to be free -- free from condemnation, from fear, from hate, from despair. Yet I hear so many other voices calling, too, and when I follow them they lead me into bondage that is hard to break -- a prison of confusion, a cell of selfishness, a maze of misery, a labyrinth of lies. And then there is the constant call of the flesh ever begging for an opportunity for indulgence. Help me not to listen to the voices of so much noise. I don't think I can silence it, but You can overcome evil with good. I can bless when they curse. I can listen to the voice of Your Spirit and Word. So help me, Father, not to serve my flesh, nor any other god. Help me instead to serve You by serving others.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: Ephesians 4:1-3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Galatians 5:13-15

1 Verse: Verse 15. "But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another".

1 Prayer: Dear father, how well you know your children. And thank You for loving us anyway :o) You made me in Your perfect image and yet I stumble through my humanity. Please take hold of my tongue and silent me when I make a motion to take a virtual bite out of someone, believer or not. And when someone does that to me, I want to forgive and forget, as You would have done. Praise to You for Your uncompromising example of who I need to set my steps after!

Becky

Anonymous said...

I Passage: Galatians 5:13-15

1 Verse: Verse 14, "For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in this statement, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

1 Prayer: Again Father I stand in awe of what You have done. To think that You are the One who is love and the One who has loved me through Your Son. And to think that You have given me Your love through Your indwelling Spirit to love others as You have loved me. And to think that I can fulfill the entire Law by loving others with Your love. What a joy that is. What freedom that gives. Father You truly deserve all my praise and thanksgiving. It is my heart's desire to fulfill the enter Law by fulfilling one word and one command to love as Jesus loved me. Thank you for your great love and most excellent provision in Christ.