Friday, January 19, 2007

Ephesians 4:1-3

1 Passage: Ephesians 4:1-3

1 Verse: Verse 1. Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,

1 Prayer: Father, You have called me to be free, to walk in freedom. Yet I still feel like I am stumbling around in prison chains. You're going to have to help me. I don't think just imploring me to walk is going to be enough to get me out of this. And how can anyone be worthy of so high a calling, anyway? You know better than anyone just how unworthy I am. Still, I trust You. If You say it is possible, I will believe it. Help my unbelief. Please help me both to believe and to walk in a manner of one who believes. Thank You for walking beside me all the way. Thank You for Your Spirit -- the Comforter, the One Who Comes Alongside. He is closer than a "walking buddy". He slows my racing heart, quiets the blood beating in my ears, steadies me when my tired legs wobble with weariness. He gives me breath when I am breathless -- my second (and third, and fourth, and fifth . . .) wind. Thank You for wrapping Him up in other peoples' skin. Please allow me today to come alongside another fellow sojourner, a pilgrim on the narrow way, and be an encouragement to them.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage
: Ephesians 4:29-32

No comments: