Thursday, July 19, 2007

1 Corinthians 14:26-33

1 Passage: 1 Corinthians 14:26-33

1 Verse: Verse 26b Let all things be done for edification.

1 Prayer: Father, You alone know all the things I will do today. I have only the faintest idea of what the future holds for me - even in the next few minutes. Who will I meet? What obstacle encounter? What blessing receive or ignore? I pray that no matter what happens, in whatever I will do today, I will do everything for the purpose of building others up, not tearing them down or building myself up. Show me when I am doing or saying or thinking things that are harmful to others and give me Your grace to change them so that instead I encourage and support and edify.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: Titus 3:8-11

No comments: