Wednesday, July 18, 2007

1 Corinthians 8:1-3

1 Passage: 1 Corinthians 8:1-3

1 Verse: Verse 1b Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies.

1 Prayer: Father, please help me today to be loving in my actions and words. I do not want to puff myself up or tear others down. I want to build others up in love. Please give me the right words to say and the wisdom to speak or not speak as the opportunity allows. Help me to make the most of every opportunity. Remind me that if I think I know anything, that I do not yet know as I ought to know. Teach me to know as I ought to know -- with humility, honesty, faith and trust in You. Please help me to be gracious to those I meet who suppose that they know. Remind me that they too see only dimly and in part, despite whatever claims they might make for themselves or against me. Only You, Father, see all things clearly and fully.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: 1 Corinthians 14:26-33

No comments: