Saturday, July 21, 2007

2 Timothy 2:14-19

1 Passage: 2 Timothy 2:14-19

1 Verse: Verse 14. Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

1 Prayer: Father, it sounds so strange coming from You -- You who have given us Your truth by revelation in words. And yet it is a solemn charge not to wrangle about words. Remind me of this charge when I am faced with those who seem to twist and abuse and misread Your words. Argument may prove useless, and sometimes even were I to win the argument it may lead to the ruin of those who listen. So help me to look past the words to the heart -- much like You do -- and help me to love Your people beyond words -- through my actions and attitudes.

1 Person: Now, it's your turn! Please click "COMMENTS" below to add your own favorite verse and to share your own personal prayer from today's passage. (Your favorite verse and prayer might even be the same as mine, but we'd still love to hear from you. Feel free to just drop us a note so we know you stopped by.) Thanks!

Tomorrow's passage: 2 Timothy 2:24-26

No comments: